National Defence Development Plan 2031
The military part of the National Defence Development Plan 2031 will increase independent defence capabilities and readiness.
Public opinion on defence issues
Estonians continue to have
a high level of support
for national defence
Minister of Defence
Minister of Defence Hanno Pevkur
Hanno Pevkur is the Minister of Defence of the Republic of Estonia since July 18, 2022.
The Minister of Defence is responsible for the organisation of national defence in the Republic of Estonia.
Website introducing Estonia’s defence development
Estonian Ministry of Defence has launched a website introducing the development of national defence since the restoration of independence. According to Minister of Defence Jüri Luik since then the firepower and the willingness to defend has Estonia has seen a significant increase.
- Official Twitter account of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Estonia
- Official Twitter account of the Estonian Defence Forces
- Official Facebook account of the NATO enhanced Forward Presence in Estonia (NATO Battlegroup Estonia)
- Official Twitter account of the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence (Tallinn)
- Official Twitter account of the Estonian Delegation to NATO
Find out more about Estonia!
Official gateway to Estonia
Learn important facts and issues about Estonia! Learn more how to visit Estonia, study, invest or trade.
The digital society
Follow updates in social media